Coconut mojito on the rocks :
Servings Per Container : 1
- 12 mint leaves
- 15 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 60 ml coconut rum
- 30 ml regular syrup or 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 30 ml coconut cream
- Soda water
Coconut Mojito Frozen Smoothie :
Servings Per Container : 2
- 4 cups of ice
- 2.5 lime without skin
- 210 ml coconut cream
- 90 ml white rum
- 5 fresh mint leaves
Method 1 Coconut Mojito on the rocks
Combine mint leaves, coconut rum and coconut cream to make a delicious smoothie with foam. Garnish mojito with a leaf of mint and a slice of lime.
- 1 Mix mint leaves and lime juice in a shaker. Take a wooden spoon and rub the mint with juice with its handle. So mint will give its flavor to the future drink.
- 2 Add coconut rum, syrup and coconut cream to the shaker.
- 3 Add ice (3/4 of the total).
- 4 Close the shaker and shake it well.
- 5 Filter the drink into a highball glass.
- 6 Add sparkling water to the glass until it is completely full.
Method 2 Frozen Coconut Mojito Cocktail
To make a refreshing coconut mahito, mix white rum and coconut cream. As a rule, use a glass of Margarita for this drink, but you can choose a glass of your choice.
- 1 Place all the ingredients in a blender and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- 2 Pour the cocktail into a glass and garnish it with a fresh sprig of mint and a slice of lime.
Original Mojito Recipe
Since the classic Mojito was invented in Cuba back in the 80s, they made it very refreshing and invigorating. The initial and most popular option to this day is a recipe with alcohol, but there is also a wonderful non-alcoholic option that even children drink. The simplicity of the recipe also captivates - according to the traditions of the classic, the Mojito cocktail requires only four essential ingredients. These are sparkling water (preferably standard soda), sugar, allspice and lime. The fifth component is rum, and it is necessarily light and it is added, of course, only to alcoholic versions of the drink.
The classic alcoholic recipe "Mojito"
- Soda, without fruit or other specific additives. (300 ml).
- White rum. (50 ml).
- Peppermint (take a few leaves, not more than 10-15 per glass).
- Lime (you need lime juice, enough quantity from one fruit, cut the second one into circles).
- Ice. (the exact amount depends on your glass, chop it and fill it with a container at least half).
- Sugar. (2 tablespoons).
- To get started, prepare a flavoring base. Fill the mint in a bowl and rub it thoroughly with sugar, adding a little lime juice. So the components mix better when saturated with juice. Do not rush at this initial stage - the taste of the prepared cocktail depends on it in many respects.
- Put three mugs of lime on top and sprinkle with pre-prepared crushed ice. Ice should occupy exactly half a glass.
- Now is the time to add rum - just pour it, it will be on the same level with lime.
- Soda is poured last. Drinks like "Mojito" are usually poured to the very edge of the glass, but be careful - you still need to mix it. Stir thoroughly, and in the end you can add a nice sprig of mint on top.
A simple recipe at home will also not make you have difficulty. All components for Mojito can be safely bought and mixed yourself, without the qualifications of a bartender. For him, special shakers are not even required, you can mix everything you need with a spoon, and it is very difficult to make a mistake.
As you can see, the composition is nowhere simpler. Many bartenders prefer to cook Mojito with Bacardi rum - the taste of this white rum perfectly suits the fresh spirit of the drink, but many modifications and differences appeared just as a result of experiments and going beyond. Each bartender has the right to decide independently how to make a cocktail.
Mojito with watermelon
This Mojito variant is alcoholic, always and without exception. It also happens that in the recipe white rum is replaced by dark rum, but such changes are not for everybody. The main change is the basis of the drink - soda is mixed with watermelon juice or completely replaced with this juice completely. An unusual combination of alcohol and everyone’s favorite berry plays in contrast, forcing them to return to this mixture again and again.
Mojito with Coconut
Beach lovers around the world have long appreciated the idea of adding coconut to a classic cocktail. You do not need to remove the components from the recipe - just add coconut milk or cream (not more than 25 ml) to the ice. This will not harm the balance of the drink, it will only add one more twist to the unique taste.
Mojito with apple
And here there was a simple, but very significant replacement, taking away from the original a little recognition. To make such a cocktail, you just need to replace lime with apples. First use apple juice (preferably natural), and put 3-4 slices of fruit under the ice. The taste is rather unusual and often criticized, but it has its own audience.
The undoubted advantage of Mojito is that both classic and any of its “modified” recipes can be made without alcohol, without losing the taste of the drink. A non-alcoholic cocktail is often served at a picnic table and there are few people who care how to drink the original Mojito correctly and with what - there is no guest dish that would not fundamentally agree with it.
If you have not tried Mojito before, then it makes no sense to wait - in just a few minutes at home you will receive a pleasant refreshing drink that we have been drinking and love for so many years, practically without any effort.
- For freezing ice, you should use only pure water, and it can also be diluted with lime juice. This makes the finished drink even more delicious.
- Instead of lime, you can use lemon.
- Sometimes instead of pure sugar, sugar syrup is brewed, 250 milliliters of pure water per 250 grams of granulated sugar.
- Instead of strawberry syrup, you can use strawberry liquor.
- If desired, you can add ice already crushed in a blender to cocktail glasses.