Jelly differs from jam or jam in that it is seedless and does not contain pieces of fruit. It is easy to remove seeds from fruits such as peaches, because they are large and alone in one fruit. But fruits such as strawberries and grapes that have many small seeds that make it difficult to make clear jelly. The instructions below will help you make pure juice, which you then turn into a wonderful jelly and will be happy to show it to someone or give it to you.
About how to make fruit jelly at home, we will talk a little later. In the meantime, let's look at the main features and useful properties of this delicacy.
So, fruit jelly is a cross between oriental sweets and Soviet compote. Both children and adults eat it with pleasure. Today in stores you can find a huge selection of jellies. But do not forget that such products contain many dyes and other additives. It is best to make this dessert at home. You will need a minimum amount of time and ingredients.
What is the use of home-made fruit jelly? The answer lies in its composition. One of the main elements is glycine. It is an amino acid that has beneficial effects on joints and cartilage. After it enters the body, attention and memory, as well as the psychological state of a person, improve.
The gelatin from which jelly is obtained contains agar-agar. This substance brings tremendous benefits to the intestinal tract. Another important element is pectin. It facilitates and accelerates the process of removing salts of heavy metals from our body.
Fresh berries and fruits are often used to make jelly. They also contain beneficial substances. Therefore, cook and eat this wonderful dessert. Below you will find some recipes.
- 1 liter of water
- gelatin - 1 sachet (20 g),
- 3 medium oranges
- a glass of sugar.
- Open the package of gelatin. Gently pour the powder into a deep bowl. Pour 200 ml of cold boiled water. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Now let's start processing the oranges. We wash them in running water. Squeeze the juice from the fruits in a separate bowl.
- Crusts are not thrown away. They need to be coarsely chopped. Then transfer to a saucepan. Pour 1 liter of water. Turn on the fire. We are waiting for the moment of boiling. Reduce the heat to medium. Crusts should be boiled for 10 minutes.
- What's next? We filter the water from the crusts. The resulting liquid should cool to room temperature. Next, pour the indicated amount of sugar into it. Put the swollen gelatin. We put the mixture on the stove. It must be brought to a boil. Add juice squeezed from oranges. Immediately remove the dishes from the stove.
- Jelly is almost done. We have to distribute it in a bowl and send it to the middle shelf of the refrigerator.
- After 5-6 hours, we get the orange jelly and treat the household. They will definitely appreciate your culinary skills.
Step number 1. Take a baking sheet or metal tray. We remove on the middle shelf of the refrigerator. What is the next step? We put clean plastic cups (5-6 pcs.) On this tray (baking sheet).
Step number 2. We decided to prepare a multi-layer rainbow jelly. What does it mean? We need colors from red to purple. We breed the first portion of jelly. Pour red powder into the bowl and pour cold boiled water. We carry out everything according to the instructions placed on the package.
Step number 3. Pour the resulting jelly into glasses. Put them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. If desired, add whipped cream. But to get a "rainbow" is better to abandon it.
Step number 4. We take out the glasses and pour orange jelly into them. Sent to the refrigerator again. We notice 15 minutes. Similarly, we do with layers of each color of the rainbow. Dessert can be garnished with whipped cream. How exactly? Just put a spoonful of cream in each cup. Our multi-layer jelly is ready to be served and consumed. Such a dessert can be called a masterpiece of culinary art.
- We spread on the table all the products from which berry and fruit jelly will be made from gelatin. The above berries and fruits are washed with tap water. Then they need to be slightly dried. Remove bones and ponytails.
- We cut peaches into cubes and strawberries into halves. Berries and chopped fruits are laid out in bowls or cookie cutters.
- Pour gelatin into the bowl. Pour 50 ml of juice. Leave for half an hour. Then pour into a small saucepan and heat, setting a slow fire. Do not forget to stir. When the gelatin is completely dissolved, remove the dishes from the stove. No need to wait until boiling.
- Mix dissolved gelatin with the remaining juice. What then? We alter these ingredients. We pour hot jelly into glasses, in which there are slices of berries and slices of fruit. All this is a little cool. Then we put it in the refrigerator for several hours. Instead of juice, you can use compote. For example, apple or cherry.
Another interesting option - jelly with sour cream and fruits
- peaches - 2 pcs.,
- 150 ml of milk or syrup,
- 10-15 grapes,
- 30 g of gelatin
- Kiwi - 1 pc.,
- 500 g sour cream (low fat content),
- one banana
- 1-1.5 cups of sugar,
- some grated chocolate.
- We lay out before us everything you need to get jelly with fruits.
- Take a small bowl. Pour gelatin into it. Pour cold water or milk. Mix well. There should not be any lumps. Leave the gelatin to swell. This usually happens in half an hour. Then dissolve the gelatin in a water bath. In no case do not allow it to boil! We make a minimum fire. Constantly stir the contents of the dishes. When the gelatin dissolves, turn off the heat. Allow our main ingredients to cool.
- Let's prepare the fruits. We wash them. Then we clear of a peel, stones and so on. You can cut fruits as you like - slices, rings or straws.
- Sour cream and sugar are sent to a blender. Beat them. If you love your sweetheart, you can add a little more sugar. The resulting mass is transferred to a bowl. We begin to slowly add gelatin to the mixture.
- We take a metal or plastic mold. We cover it with cling film. Then we lay the first layer - slices of bananas or kiwi. Top with jelly. Put the fruit again. Next comes the jelly. Alternate layers until the ingredients run out. If the fruits still remain, then they can be used as a decoration for dessert. Or just eat it.
- Jelly with fruits is almost ready. It remains to send it to the refrigerator for solidification. It will take about 3-3.5 hours. We get the jelly, put it on a plate, sprinkle with grated chocolate on top. Coconut can also be used as decoration.
- Instead of cling film, wet baking paper is suitable.
- To speed up the process of making jelly, you must use powdered sugar.
- Berries can be added to fruit slices. Or replace them completely.
- Cocoa powder can be used to change the color of the jelly. Then get a creamy chocolate dessert.
Above, we talked about how to get fruit jelly at home. We offer a wonderful option for kids. The sweet jelly recipe is extremely simple.
We will need the following products:
- 5 g of lemon juice
- 0.2 kg of apples (any grade),
- 1 leaf of gelatin
- sugar - 30 g.
- Rinse apples with water. We cut each fruit into 8 parts. Remove bones and ponytails.
- We put the apple slices in a small bowl. Pour a glass of water. Boil until soft fruits. In hot form, knead the apples in the pulp. That's not all.
- Add sugar to the dishes for apples. Bring to a boil.
- A leaf of gelatin should be soaked in cold water. Squeeze it and send to applesauce. Mix. There we add 1 tsp of lemon juice. The resulting mass is carefully poured into a mold. We send dessert to the refrigerator. We get the sweet jelly when it completely hardens. This usually occurs within 2-3 hours.
- A child can have dessert with cream or chilled (boiled) milk. He will certainly enjoy the delicate and airy delicacy.
Transparent jelly with fruits
Bright portioned jelly for a children's holiday. Fruits for dessert are suitable for any. Its main charm is in beautifully sliced products. Thanks to special tools for home carving, instead of the usual cubes and slices, you can make crescents, stars, suns and even snowflakes.
The dosage of products is indicated for approximately 4 servings.
- Gelatin - 1 pack
- Water - 400 ml.
- Honey - 100 g.
- Sugar - 100 g.
- Pear "Duchess" or "Conference" - 1-2 pcs.
- Strawberry - 150 g.
- Dissolve honey in a water bath. Pour in water, add sugar, vanillin to taste, mix and bring to a boil over low heat.
- Separately, pre-soak gelatin in warm water, following the instructions on the bag. Combine it with light honey syrup and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Peel the pear and, with the help of a vegetable peeler, chop on thin plates - crescents.
- Apricot also peeled and divided into quarters, and grapes into halves.
- Cut strawberries into small cubes. Melon to choose a dessert spoon so that you get neat balls.
- Put fruit in the following forms in the following combination: melon balls with grapes, pear plates with strawberry cubes and apricot quarters with strawberry cubes.
- Pour the resulting fruit assortment with a honey base and refrigerate for solidification.
Festive jelly with fruits and yogurt
The recipe itself is simple, unusual is given to it by the filling method. For this dish you will need large glasses with a slightly narrowed neck. Two types of jelly are poured into them diagonally. Usually it is fruit and milk jelly, but it is quite possible to experiment exclusively with fruit varieties.
The dosage of the products is indicated approximately for 8 servings.
- Gelatin - 1 pack
- Grape Juice - 400 ml.
- Natural whipped cream - 200 ml. or
- Kiwi - 4 pcs.
- Natural Yogurt - 150 g.
- Sugar to taste.
- Seedless Grapes - 150 g
- Vanilla sugar.
- Lemon zest.
- A quarter of the grape juice is slightly warmed up and soak gelatin in it. Boil the remaining juice over low heat and add the prepared quarter with gelatin and sugar.
- Often stirring to achieve complete dissolution of gelatin. Boil the juice for 3-4 minutes and remove from heat. Strain from lumps.
Natural jelly from apples
An old recipe for jelly, when no one else knew about gelatin. Naturally, before, citric acid was not added to the dish, but with it it turns out more delicious. Harvesting perfectly comes from soft, very ripe sugar apples. The dosage of products is indicated approximately for 10 servings or for 2-3 half-liter cans.
- Soft apples - 1 kg.
- Sugar - 1 kg. (ratio to juice 1 to 1).
- Water - 1 l.
- Citric acid - 0.25 tsp.
- Rinse the apples, cut off all the bad parts, divide them into quarters and put them directly into the saucepan with the seeds.
- Pour in water and simmer over low heat for about half an hour. Line the colander with a gauze cut and discard the boiled apples on it so that all the liquid obtained is glazed. Keep it up for about an hour.
- Assess the amount of juice and dissolve the appropriate amount of sugar in it. For example, one and a half liters of juice will require about 1.5-1.8 kg. Sahara.
- Wipe the remaining unboiled apples through a fine sieve. Put the resulting mashed potatoes to the side for the time being.
- Boil juice with sugar and citric acid over very low heat until syrup, constantly draining the foam. Then add mashed potatoes and darken for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in baking tins or roll into cans. Banks themselves do not need to turn over after capping.
Jelly with citrus and red currant berries
Delicate sweet and sour redcurrant jelly with slices of sweet green grapefruit and juicy bright oranges. The dosage of products is indicated approximately for 4 servings of 200 g.
- Redcurrant - 500 g.
- Green Grapefruit Sweetie - 1 pc.
- Sort the berries, rinse well and mashed with a hand blender along with sugar.
- Pour the puree with water and put on a slow fire. If you want a less thick and more transparent jelly, then the mixture of mashed potatoes and water should be filtered through gauze.
- Soak gelatin in a small amount of hot water, taking it per 1 liter. water. After it gets wet well, it needs to be filtered. Add the resulting liquid to the currant puree.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, then remove from heat.
- Disassemble the grapefruit and orange into slices, which are cleaned of hard films. The resulting pulp is divided into small pieces and put in portioned molds.
- Top with a slightly cooled currant base. It is impossible to fill with boiling liquid, since citrus fruits can acquire a bitter taste.
- Put in the refrigerator and achieve complete solidification.
Christmas tangerine jelly
Golden jelly for a bright New Year's table. It can be made not only from tangerines, but also from other sweet citrus fruits. The dosage of products is indicated for approximately 6 servings of 150 g each.
- Tangerines - 10 pcs.
- Water - 250 ml.
- Sugar - 200-250 g.
- Gelatin per 1 liter. liquids.
- Confectionery confetti from mastic.
- Wash three tangerines with soap to remove the preservative from the skin and gently wipe the zest from them. Peel and pass the tangerines through a juicer.
- Put the juice on a very slow fire.
- Heat the water and soak the gelatin in it. Strain and pour in the juice. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Add the zest to it.
- The mixture should be allowed to cool to a temperature slightly above room temperature (the jelly starts to thicken slightly) and pour chocolate and mastic confetti grated on a coarse grater into it. If the temperature of the mass is higher, then the decorative fillers simply melt.
- Quickly pour into portioned molds and put in a cold place until completely solidified.