Having visited any cosmetic store, you can find a huge amount of oily skin care products. Some of these tools contain components that will not only not save you from the problem, but, on the contrary, will aggravate it. But if you decide to prepare your own cleanser, then you will have the opportunity to use extremely safe ingredients, and you can also choose the components that are most suitable for your skin. Your first priority is to find products that reduce oily skin. Natural ingredients will adjust the fat balance of the skin and give you a stunning look!
Oily skin does not look very aesthetically pleasing: coarse, thickened, covered with liquid fat, glossy, uneven and untidy, has a gray or even dull color. You can compare this look with an orange peel, because the pores are quite well allocated and even with good care they shine. If there is no care, it becomes dirty, more often black dots and comedones appear on the face. Seborrhea and taleangiectasia may occur.
But, despite all these disadvantages, oily skin has its own small advantages: it does not age so quickly, wrinkles appear slower, the skin remains elastic longer.
Read also about how to get rid of black dots on the face in this material.
The oily layer protects from environmental influences.
Oily skin care at home
Any type of skin needs appropriate care. In order for oily skin to make itself felt less, it is necessary to carry out such procedures:
- it is necessary to wash with special tonics, foams and gels for oily skin. Such a procedure should be carried out two or three times a week. These drugs eliminate inflammation, cleanse the skin and prevent the appearance of seborrhea,
Read more about the best tonics for oily skin here.
- it is forbidden to rub your face with hard washcloths or sponges during the cleansing processand also use too hot water and an alkaline soap. Yes, the first fifteen minutes, the effect will be wonderful - there will be no residue from oily skin. But do not forget that hot water and mechanical stress - even more activate the sebaceous glands. Thus, oily skin will return with even greater shine within twenty minutes. To the effect of washing was not deplorable, but even good - you need to wash your face with warm or cool water, rinsing with a cotton pad or fingers. But you can’t overdo it,
- the best effect will be given by washing with herbs: chamomile tea, linden tea, rosehip tincture, nettle, mint. In extreme cases, you can use bottled water,
- do not wipe your face with a towel after washing. It’s better to let it dry naturally, and then clean it with a suitable lotion, tonic,
- at the end of all procedures, you need to smear your face with cream. The cream must necessarily correspond to the type of skin, as well as quickly absorb and not leave greasy marks. To make the right choice, we recommend that you read the list of the best creams for oily skin,
- peeling, in other words, deep cleansing - once a week. It is worth paying attention that it is strictly forbidden to use scrubs for oily skin as the main means for peeling. To prevent activation of the sebaceous glands, you can use mask films that easily cleanse pores, remove fat and do not harm oily skin,
- a couple of times a week it is recommended to make masks for oily skin. Masks based on blue or green clay are perfect. Masks made from apple, kiwi or lemon juice perfectly cleanse the skin. A rather useful mask of potatoes helps to normalize the functioning of the sebaceous glands,
- during the day, it is forbidden to touch the face with dirty hands. The bacteria on hand will penetrate the pores and the situation will become even worse. You can touch the skin only after washing your hands,
- to improve the condition of oily skin, you can make lotions from sea salt once a week. One teaspoon of salt is mixed with half a liter of melt water. All this is kept on the face for five to ten minutes. Must be melt water! It is cleaner and works well on pores.
When choosing cosmetics, you must carefully choose a foundation and makeup base. They must be quickly absorbed, have a light structure and wash off well. Ideally, it is better not to use foundation and powder in general.
Most often, masks, scrubs and homemade lotions are used for care. The basis of many compounds are oils. Because Oily skin in most cases is characterized by enlarged pores, then most folk remedies are aimed at deep cleansing and narrowing.
The most common skin care method. The main components are clay and essential oils. Depending on the purpose for which the mask is used, other components are added that act symptomatically - eliminate shine and relieve inflammation. The main effect of the mask is deep nutrition and saturation with useful elements of the skin, normalization of the sebaceous glands.
With caution, the following recipes should be used by adolescents. The skin of a boy or girl is not yet fully formed in terms of hormonal levels, so various antiseptic and cleansing masks can do harm, disrupting the natural process of the epidermis.
Black clay mask for oily skin gives an excellent effect: it dries and thoroughly cleanses, tightens pores and removes blackheads, gums.
To make such a mask you need to take:
- 15 grams of black or blue clay
- Three milliliters of hazelnut oil
- One tablet of brewer's yeast.
Cooking: crush the pill and pour warm tea. Add clay and oil there. Mix. If the mixture is too thick, you can dilute it with mineral water.
Before applying, the skin needs to be steamed, then apply the mask in a thick layer. After complete drying, rinse with warm water and wipe with a solution of water and white wine.
For the mask you will need:
- Eight milliliters of peanut butter
- 28 grams of pea flour.
Cooking: make pea flour. Add oil and turmeric (if the skin is dark, then add no more than two grams of spice). Apply on the fattest parts of the epidermis. Wait 10-15 minutes to dry completely. Wash off with a cotton pad with mineral water.
Read more about other moisturizing masks for oily skin here.
Oily skin needs to be looked after more than a normal or combination type. After applying this mask, the face will look less oily, the pores will become less noticeable. Vegetable oils, which are part of the moisturizing mask, have a good effect on the skin.
After applying this mask, the face will become noticeably cleaner, acne will pass. Activated carbon cleanses and heals the skin. Laminaria rejuvenates the skin, prevents wrinkles and restores cells.
For the mask you need:
- 40 grams of kelp.
- One tablet of activated carbon.
- Clove essential oil.
Cooking: finely chopped dry kelp and pour warm water. Let it brew for three hours. After added oil and powder from an activated carbon tablet. Steam the face and apply the mask evenly. Wait 10 minutes and remove with cosmetic wipes.
After applying this mask, folds of various types, wrinkles and blackheads will pass. The skin becomes cleaner.
- 20 milliliters of serum.
- 30 grams of corn starch.
- Essential oil with grapefruit extract.
Cooking: mix and apply everything from the center to the lymph nodes. It is necessary to apply in circular motions. After 25 minutes, rinse off the mask with cold water.
After applying this mask, acne and comedones will pass. Acne will dry.
- 15 milliliters of dry white wine.
- Essential oil with verbena extract.
- 16 grams of yeast.
Cooking: stir yeast in warmed wine. Add oil and mix everything. Steam your face and apply evenly. After half an hour, rinse and rub your face with frozen herbal infusion.
Flakes are useful not only for the body, but also for the skin. Oatmeal cleanses the epidermis, nourishes the necessary vitamins and minerals.
For cooking masks you need to chop a tablespoon of oatmeal and pour kefirunsweetened yogurt or just water. Add liquid until the mixture is thick enough to hold on the face. Apply the mask evenly in a circular motion. Lightly massage for five minutes. Wait for complete drying and rinse with warm water.
After washing off the mask with warm water, it is necessary to wash with cold water. This will narrow the pores and prevent the appearance of acne.
From black dots
Surprisingly, sugar and an egg can well cleanse the oily type of skin from blackheads and comedones.
Cooking: mix one egg white and one tablespoon of sugar. It is necessary to divide the female in two. First apply a scrub for five minutes, gently massaging. Then apply the second part, just like a face mask. Wait until completely dry and rinse with warm water. Then wash with cold water to narrow the pores.
Read about facial scrubs at home for combination skin here.
To make a good lotion for oily skin from herbs, you need to take one tablespoon of chamomile, calendula and nasturtium. Pour 500 ml of warm boiled water and let it brew for six hours. Then add four tablespoons of cologne.
Mix one tablespoon of green tea with the same amount of vodka and lemon juice. Let it brew for a couple of minutes. Such a mask cleans well, removes oily sheen and evens out the tone.
Stir one tablespoon of vodka and lemon juice. Add half a glass of fresh grapefruit juice. Shake the resulting liquid.
It is better to store in the refrigerator, in a container with a lid closed, so that the effect of vodka is preserved the next time.
- Three tablespoons of natural yogurt.
- One raw egg yolk.
- One tablespoon of nonfat cream.
- Half a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Half a tablespoon of tomato juice.
- One tablespoon of honey.
Cooking: mix everything thoroughly and refrigerate for a couple of hours. Spread evenly on face and neck every night.
- One teaspoon of beeswax.
- One teaspoon of ammonia.
- Two teaspoons of plain water.
Cooking: melt the wax, add water and alcohol. Stir everything to get a homogeneous mass. Apply the cream in the morning and afternoon and wear on the face from one to four hours. Rinse with warm water and wipe with a tonic for oily skin.
- One yolk.
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- A tablespoon of glycerin.
- A fourth of a glass of olive oil.
Cooking: beat the yolk, pour in the juice and glycerin. Continue to whisk to add oil. The consistency and color should resemble mayonnaise. For convenient application to the face, you can slightly dilute with lemon juice if the mixture is too thick. Used as a day face cream.
Clay is used for cleansing. Most often, black, white and blue clay are used. A clay mask evens out skin tone, moisturizes and cleanses, removes oily sheen, normalizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands, and treats blackheads and comedones.
Clay can be used no more than once or twice a week. Excessive care for oily skin will only worsen the situation.. However, if you use clay masks reasonably, then problems with oily skin type will be reduced at least twice.
Recommendations for the use of home remedies
So that all oily skin care products bring only positive results, you need to adhere to such tips.
- Be sure to check the expiration date of each ingredient.
- Apply only with clean hands to clean skin.
- Do not use the product for longer than the specified period.
- Check for allergies to all ingredients.
- Buy only quality products for the manufacture of home remedies.
- Do not walk with the mask for longer than the specified time.
- Before procedures, cleanse your face as much as possible.
- Do not rinse with hot water.
- After the procedure, do not rub your face with a washcloth.
- Do not wipe your face on a towel, let it dry naturally.
This video tells the secrets of quick and quality getting rid of oily skin.
- You need to be able to care for any type of skin, and especially for oily type.
- Masks should be used no more than once or twice a week.
- Creams can be smeared every day.
- Lotions are used every two or three days.
- You need to choose the right makeup.
- Do not touch the skin with dirty hands.
- The most effective lotions are lotions with the addition of vodka.
- Oily skin is not the end of the world. With this you can live, and even more so, the fatty type also has advantages.
- If you take proper care, then there will be no problems. Do not be shy.
Read also what to do with oily facial skin in men in this article.
Characteristics of oily skin
Shine on the cheeks, black spots, pimples are sure signs that you most likely have oily skin type. “You can even identify it by eye,” explains Elena Eliseeva, a medical expert at Vichy. “Oily skin is usually dense, with enlarged pores, a tendency to comedones and oily sheen, which is more noticeable in the T-zone.”
Increased sebum secretion is combined with a violation of its outflow and blockage of the ducts of the sebaceous glands. As a result, acne forms.
You can determine the type of skin with a simple test: attach a paper towel to your forehead. If there is a greasy mark on the paper, the skin is prone to greasy. If the napkin is clean - most likely the skin is normal or dry.
Oily skin type can be detected even visually © Skin.ru
Among the causes of skin imperfections:
stress and chronic lack of sleep.
Oily skin products contain absorbent, moisturizing, self-regulating components © iStock
The composition of funds for oily skin
If you are in search of “smart” products for oily skin, make it a rule to carefully read the label and make a choice in favor of those products that include such components:
matting - instantly absorb fat and add dullness up to 6 hours,
self-regulating - reduce fat production day after day and make the skin less oily with regular use,
moisturizing - activate epidermal renewal: prevent hyperkeratosis (thickening of the stratum corneum) and clogging of pores, improve complexion,
anti-inflammatory - serve to prevent rashes,
UV filters - provide prevention of exacerbations in the summer.
“Marking“ non-comedogenic ”on products for oily skin is not just important, but necessary,” warns Elena Eliseeva. - Avoid cosmetics with mineral oils, they clog pores. Also, oily skin does not need light vegetable oils - its own sebaceous glands and so work with a vengeance. "
Remove cosmetic milk, creams and creams from the shelf in the bathroom - these products are not friendly with oily skin.
Use a light texture to moisturize oily skin © iStock
The main rule: these products should have a light texture - usually they have more water than oil. “Three types of components should be included in skin care products adapted for skin with excessive fat production: matting, moisturizing, keratolytic,” says Elena Eliseeva. “To maintain water balance, hyaluronic acid, glycerin, aloe extract, or thermal water are typically added to the formula.”
The task of matting agents is to absorb excess moisture and fat, to help narrow pores. “Look for micropowder, silicon, perlite or kaolin in them,” explains Elena Eliseeva.
Light cream gel with a matting effectnarrowing pores and smoothing the surface of the skin, Pure Focus, Lancôme.
Serozinc Oily Spray Control with zinc against oily sheen and enlarged pores, La roche-posay.
Cleansers should be very mild, without soap, but with acids or antiseptic agents. “To prevent clogging of pores and their cleansing, you can use masks with clay kaolin for oily skin 1-3 times a week,” adds Marina Kamanina, an expert dermatologist at Garnier.
Shower gelpore cleansing Simply Clean, SkinCeuticals.
“The task of tonic lotions for oily skin is to help narrow pores,” says Elena Eliseeva. - To do this, astringents are added to the composition (witch hazel extract or oak bark, low alcohol up to 15%), and in some - matting powder. "These remedies are suitable only for those whose skin is not prone to acne: intensive rubbing of synthetic matting granules into the pores can clog the excretory ducts of the sebaceous glands."
Means for oily prone skin
Men's skin is different from women's. It is thicker and fatter due to active fat formation. Most men are familiar with the problem of acne and suffer from it no less than women. Contrary to the prevailing opinion, when choosing a care product, there is no gender separation for female and male skin.
Men's skin most often refers to the oily type © Skin.ru
Oily skin care involves the necessary steps: cleansing - toning - moisturizing. In this case, it is recommended to use a scrub from one to three times a week, if done more often, sebum secretion will increase.
For daily cleansing, first use a gel or foam to wash oily skin, then a tonic or lotion. And finally, apply a moisturizer.
Oily skin is dense and prone to inflammation, but, like any other, needs to be moisturized. Use matting creams in the daytime, and apply moisturizers at night, preferably with a self-regulating effect. Such funds will narrow the pores, reduce the number and depth of inflammation, make the face smoother.