Servings: Makes 2-1 / 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 237 ml tomato paste in a jar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
Making Green Enchilada Vegetarian Sauce
Servings: About 4-5
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium peeled and chopped onion
- 2 heads of peeled and chopped garlic
- 198 g cans of chopped green chili peppers
- 450 g coarsely chopped green tomatoes or small tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves
Method 1 How to Make Red Enchilada Vegetarian Sauce
Enchiladas red sauce is based on a mixture of tomato paste and chili powder. If you want to make a less spicy sauce, you should add less chili powder.
- 1 Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan g.
- 2 Add the flour and cook for one minute, constantly stirring the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- 3 Add chili powder and cook for another minute.
- 4 Pour the vegetable stock and tomato paste.
- 5 Sprinkle the sauce with caraway seeds and oregano and mix the sauce until all the ingredients are completely mixed.
- 6 Let the sauce boil. Cook the sauce for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- 7 Remove the sauce from the stove. You can use it for any dish or transfer it to utensils for storage.
Method 2 How to Make Enchiladas Green Vegetarian Sauce
Green enchiladas sauce is based on green chili peppers and small tomatoes. You can adjust the amount of green coriander to your taste.
- 1 Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- 2 Cook the onion in hot oil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes. The onion should be fried, but not much.
- 3 Add the garlic and cook it for another minute with onions.
- 4 Add chili peppers, green tomatoes or small tomatoes, cumin, oregano, salt, vegetable stock and water to the pan.
- 5 Let the sauce boil.
- 6 Reduce heat and leave sauce for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Tomatoes should soften, and the mixture from a liquid consistency should turn into a thicker and more like sauce.
- 7 Let the sauce cool for 15 minutes at room temperature, then pour the mixture into a blender or food processor.
- 8 Add the coriander leaves.
- 9 Grind the sauce until the mixture is even.
- 10 Put the sauce in the utensil with a lid if you plan to store it. Otherwise, use prescription sauce.
- 6 tortilla cakes
- 1 can of red beans
- 100 gr. grated feta cheese
- 100 gr. grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mexican Tomato Seasoning:
- 1 tbsp hive oils
- 1/2 head chopped red onion
- 1 small green chili pepper (seedless and finely chopped)
- 1 tooth crushed garlic
- 400 g can of sliced tomatoes
- grated zest 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt and black pepper
Step by step recipe
Fry onion, pepper and garlic in hot oil.
Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. until it thickens.
Then put lime zest, coriander, salt, pepper in the sauce.
Put a little sauce on half the tortillas, leaving 2.5 cm free around the edge.
Then put the beans and both types of cheese.
Fold the tortilla in half and fry on both sides until it becomes golden and crispy, the cheeses will melt.
Before serving, cut each enchiladas into 3 triangles.
Cakes are good in any form, both hot and cold. At the picnic, too, lifesaver. We warm them up on a grate or on foil, then cut them.
What do you need
- 1 block hard tofu, drain well and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 black bean, drained and diced
- 1/2 onions, diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 olives
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 3/4 glass of water
- 10-12 flour tortilla
- small mustard shredded cheese or vegan cheese (optional, topping only)
How to do it
Prepare your tofu first. Like most vegetarian tofu recipes, this taste will be the best if you press tofu first. This allows tofu to absorb more flavors and seasonings that you add to it. Not sure how to press your tofu? If you are new to vegetarian cooking and you don’t know how to press tofu, see This easy step-by-step guide: how to press tofu
After your tofu is cooked and squeezed well, add water to the enchilada sauce and beat together until it is well combined.
Using a food processor for the fastest results, chop carrots, zucchini, olives and onions. To this mixture add half the enchilada sauce and the water mixture, diced tofu and black beans and combine well.
Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of vegetables, beans and tofu into each flour tortilla. Wrap and place in a baking pan or square casserole.
When the pan is full, spoon half the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the wrapped flour cakes - be sure to get all the edges! Sprinkle cheese or vegetarian cheese on top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees or until done by soaking the rest of the enchilada sauce on top when halfway cooking.
Allow your enchiladas to cool for at least five minutes before serving. This will help dissipate a little excess moisture and facilitate their maintenance.
Enjoy homemade vegetarian and vegan vegetable enchilada!
Recipe tip: If the edges of your tortillas become crispy after baking, immediately anoint a little sauce and they will absorb moisture and aroma.
Rate this recipe I don’t like it at all. This is not the worst. Of course it will. I am a fan, I would recommend. Amazing I like it! Thank you for your rating!