Oily skin - a lot of people suffer from such a problem. It provokes an annoying shine, the appearance of acne. To eliminate oily skin, drying cosmetics are usually used, the manufacturers of which promise a quickly achievable effect.
However, they will provide a stable result, provided that the cause of oily skin is eliminated. Therefore, the first thing in solving the dermal problem is the normalization of the sebaceous glands.
Signs and origin of oily skin
Oily skin is the result of the overproduction of fat by the sebaceous glands. These glands are located below the surface of the skin.
Skin fat is a substance made up of fats. It is not so bad, as it protects and moisturizes the skin and keeps the hair on the head shiny and healthy.
Too much sebum, however, can lead to oily skin, which will provoke clogged pores and blackheads.
The occurrence of comedones (black dots), fatty cysts, and seborrhea are not uncommon. The skin is similar to orange peel, because pores stand out on it.
An undeniable advantage for people with oily skin - wrinkles begin to appear later.
The epidermis glistening from greasy is an unpleasant phenomenon for its owners. Due to the excessive work of the fatty glands, a rough, porous texture with an unhealthy tone and greasy sheen forms on the skin, the surface of the skin can be overdried like parchment.
Genetics, hormonal changes, or even stress can increase sebum production.
The oily skin on the face in the T-zone is localized: forehead, chin and nose. On the body, a greasy epidermis is located on the back and chest. The properties of oily skin and oily hair on the head are manifested.
This happens for the following reasons:
- Genetically embedded. Under these circumstances, the epidermis is oily throughout life.
- Adolescence. Teenagers are familiar with the manifestations of oily skin, which by the age of 25-30 becomes combined.
- Intensive work of fatty glands. This is attributed to the heritable disposition to oily skin, disturbed processes in the gastrointestinal tract (cholecystitis, colitis, constipation), hormonal changes. The basis for excessive productivity of fat on the skin surface is a diet (addiction to spicy, fatty, floury foods, alcohol, soda), labor when the temperature rises, being in a room smoked by cigarettes, under UV radiation.
- Hormonal. This happens during sexual development and the 2nd phase of the menstrual cycle. Hormonal failure occurs with menopause, pregnancy, stress. This also happens due to treatment with hormones or their sharp use, prolonged use of oral contraceptives.
- Disorders of the endocrine system. This occurs when with hypothyroidism, dry skin and oily epidermis on the face are noted.
Reduced immunity also affects the occurrence of the sebaceous surface of the epidermis.
7 diseases that provoke oily skin
The doctor will be able to find out why the patient has oily skin on his face. Because sebaceous epidermis appears in patients:
- cachexia (exhaustion),
- with tumors, polycystic ovary,
- with liver disease.
Illiterate hygienic care with the use of aggressive cleansing of the skin surface with alcohol-containing cosmetics contribute to the appearance of excess fat on the skin.
It can also cause the use of scrubs, regular degreasing of the epidermis, consumption of oily creams, etc.
Do not rely only on your own knowledge. It is better to trust a dermatologist who will establish the cause of excessive greasiness on the surface of the skin. This will eliminate serious health problems.
What to do if the skin is oily? How can you help yourself?
10 rules for oily skin
You should adhere to the rules aimed at the prevention of diseases of the oily skin surface. Here is a list of them:
- Exclude (limit) the consumption of fatty and fried foods. It’s better to say no, salty and smoked, pickled and sweet food. Preferred on the menu are dishes of lean fish and white meat, vegetables and fruits, bran.
- Cosmetics are chosen with a reduced lipid content and one in which antibacterial and antiseptic substances are represented by ethanol up to 10%.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
It is preferable to purchase hypoallergenic cosmetics, including plant extracts, to soothe sensitive and irritated skin.
All care products should be marked “for combination or oily skin”.
Compliance with these rules is also important:
- Choose the correct wash (gel or foam, milk is best avoided). Under the ban - the use of soap, washcloths, hot water.
- Once every 7 days, use ordinary peeling, facial cleansing (for example, salicylic).
- UV protective cream UVA and UVB to use all year (for example, Bioderma AKN).
- Do not share with foundation, reduce its use to two times a week.
- Make-up should be selected wisely, for example, powder with minerals.
- It is permissible to resort to home masks no more than 1-2 times in 7 days. For procedures, use white, green, blue clay, apples, kiwi, lemon juice. A positive result is achieved with a mask of porridge-like fresh potatoes.
- Effectively lotions with sea salt. They are performed once in 7 days, taking 500 ml of melt water and 1 tsp for a solution. salt. The product is kept for 5-10 minutes.
- Moisturize your skin with creams and serums only for combination or oily skin.
- Take funds with retinol. A vitamin A drug speeds up cell metabolism, making it one of the best ways to fight aging. He also works wonders with acne. Differin has recently become available at a pharmacy without a prescription.
- Help in hiking in the sauna.
Adhering to simple recommendations, it is easy to get rid of excessive fat dermis at home.
Green pharmacy (5 healing herbs)
How to get rid of a problem at home? It is advisable to treat sebaceous skin with herbaceous plants.
The presence of flavonoids, tannins, saponins (nitrogen-free and alkali-free organic natural substances), silicic acid, plant hormones and trace elements positively affect the sebaceous epidermis.
- Chamomile is a natural antiseptic with anti-inflammatory effect. Its extract is able to cleanse and soften the skin surface on the face, restore elasticity and smoothness.
- Salvia officinalis has a bactericidal, calming, regenerative power. Calendula officinalis has the ability to heal, restore damaged epidermis.
- Bark of oak (birch) is famous for its antiseptic and tannic qualities. Tricolor violet extract is aimed at cleansing, stimulating metabolic processes and rid the body of harmful substances.
- Green tea extract has the role of an antioxidant, which reduces the effect of free radicals on the skin.
- An extract from the root of dandelion increases the body's protective forces, helps in the vital functions of the liver, gall bladder, and kidneys. Plant extract is involved in the release of the body from metabolic products, which has a positive effect on the surface of the skin.
Each patient selects individually effective grass acting on oily dermis. Replace the water when washing the infusions of herbs from chamomile, mint, nettle, lime color.
Oils for combating oily skin
Oil formulations are used instead of a night cream. They are applied in a thin layer on a clean skin surface.
Oils act on pores clogged with dirt and solid fat, regulate the production of fat, and affect cell regeneration.
What oils to adopt? Here is a list of them:
- Hazelnuts in pure form or as part of other oils. The surface of the skin under the influence of the product is cleaned, smoothed and restored, the pores are pulled together.
- Grape seed, after which the surface of the dermis looks moisturized and without noticeable pores.
- Berries, buds, leaves of blackcurrant - the product is endowed with an antibacterial property, the skin after it becomes elastic, the tone increases.
- Sesame seeds, affecting the normalization of the functioning of the sebaceous glands, narrowing of the pores.
- Almond kernels coping with pore cleansing, irritation of red spots.
- Tea tree leaves - an oily composition rescues from acne and normalizes the state of the dermis.
- Lavender returns dullness to the skin, acts on the dermis with anti-inflammatory effect.
Apply hazelnut oil (50% of mixing) with the addition of 10% of other selected oils. If you take essential oils (from sandalwood, rosemary, juniper, bergamot, grapefruit, cedar), add 1-2 drops to the base oil composition.
Beauty treatments for greasy skin
What to do if the skin is oily and acne appears? To eliminate the problem of greasy skin, it is permissible to include the following measures:
- the use of scrubs (from almonds, apricot, salt, clay, etc.), this will even out and cleanse the skin,
- the use of peels with acids (lactic, fruit, pyruvic, trichloroacetic, glycolic, etc.), this will reduce pH, regulate the production of fat and reduce the fat content of the dermis,
- the consumption of masks (mud, clay, based on seaweed), and this will disinfect, soothe the skin surface and remove excess fat.
It is recommended to consult a cosmetologist in a specialized center to carry out professional cleansing of the epidermis.
TOP 5 treatments
Skin with excess fat, prone to peeling, requires additional treatment prescribed by a dermatologist or cosmetologist.
The course of treatment is determined by a specialist after receiving the results of a blood test (for glucose, hormones), familiarization with the hereditary addiction, anamnesis, etc.
The surface of the skin can be cured of salinity by hardware measures:
- Laser biostimulation. The beam induces photochemical transformations in the dermis. In the sessions, the epidermis is smoothed, updated and regenerated. Its elasticity and tone change for the better.
- Microdermabrasion of the dermis. Based on the action of the abundance of microscopic particles. They smooth the skin without pain, eliminate wrinkled manifestations, narrow pores, and reduce stretching.
- Iontophoresis. It acts on the sebaceous dermis by microcurrents. As a result, blood flow to it, nutrition and microcirculation improve. Healing restores the skin surface due to the deep diffusion of nutrients, eliminates fat content.
- Cavitation (ultrasonic) peeling. Shock wave cleanses the skin without pain, eliminates excess sebum from the pores of the hair follicles, cleans the keratinized dermis.
- Ultrasonic phonophoresis.Based on mechanical vibrations. The procedure achieves massage, destruction of fibrous tissue, lymphatic drainage (removal of excess fluid). The technique does not allow clogging of hair follicles with fat, reduces skin rashes and irritant manifestations on the dermis.
Darsonvalization by pulsed high-frequency current affects the skin with vacuum electrodes. As a result, the skin is dried, nutrition and tissue repair are enhanced.
What method of treatment for oily dermis is suitable for a particular patient, the doctor decides at the reception.
10 medications that normalize fat metabolism
After visiting a dermatologist at home, it is possible to use medicines that include the following active substances:
- azaleic acid as an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and exfoliating agent for the skin,
- zinc, which has a keratolytic orientation,
- sulfur with the ability to block the production of fat by the sebaceous glands,
- D-Panthenol, dexpanthenol, used in the recovery process at the end of physiotherapy, for cleaning, regulating metabolic processes in the cells of the dermis,
- adaptal, as a preventive substance against the formation of comedones and inflammation on the surface of the skin,
- benzoyl peroxide for exfoliating keratinization of the dermis and renovation of the cell structure,
- sebum regulating copper
- isotretinoid with a splitting effect on the stratum corneum and suppression of the synthesis of fat formation,
- bacteriocins and pyocyanins are products of metabolic processes in microorganisms that increase the immunity of the epidermis and are involved in recovery,
- vitamins PP and group B, which positively affect the dermis, blood supply and fat metabolism in it.
Drug therapy against dermis fat at home is carried out, following the recommendations of the doctor.
For washing, use gels, foams suitable for skin type, cold water. Use tonics, and moisturize your skin with cream before applying cosmetics. I also recommend not to forget about sunscreen. Daily clean your skin in the evening from dirt, cosmetics. And again apply the cream, only at night. These are simple rules, but they will help maintain the beauty of your skin.
Proper care and a healthy lifestyle will eliminate excessive oily skin. It makes the surface of the dermis attractive, eliminates acne, greasy shine. At the same time, it is not difficult to preserve the visual youth of the face.
To do this, you should follow simple rules, take care of your skin. If you can’t solve the problem of excess fat yourself, you should consult a doctor.
Before proceeding with the procedure, you should carefully analyze the situation. You have two options for solving the problem:
- You can hand over a thing to a dry-cleaner where qualified specialists will put it in order. Of course, such services are not cheap, so be prepared for waste.
- Clean yourself at home. All you need is the right tool and free time.
If you have chosen the second method, then you should find out:
- what kind of material the thing is made of - genuine or eco-leather,
- quality of coloring, if the product is colored,
- type of pollution.
This will help you understand which of the tools is best to give preference to and avoid common mistakes. By the way, methods involving the use of alcohol, acetone or turpentine can only be used to clean genuine leather with high quality dyeing.
Advice! In order not to spoil your favorite accessory, test the product in a small area, and then, if it has not had a negative impact, clean the entire surface.
It is also worth noting that leather items of clothing can shed. This property is especially characteristic of leather labels on pants, so do not leave things in the typewriter, but immediately send them to dry. Thus, you do not have to think about how to remove stains on jeans from the skin, and spend a lot of personal time on it.
Strange as it may seem, you also need to prepare for cleaning. After you have determined the type of skin and the type of contamination that you have to get rid of, you need to remove dust and dirt from the surface. This can be done using professional skin care products or an ordinary wet microfiber cloth. At the end of the procedure, do not forget to remove excess moisture with dry wipes.
If you are exposed to rain, do not rush to immediately clean a leather item. It should be completely dry, so hang it on your shoulders and leave it in a well-ventilated room for a couple of hours. Important: do not use heaters or a hairdryer for drying - this can lead to deformation of the product.
Fighting traces of fat
Greasy marks are one of the most common skin contaminants. Accidentally dropped to the surface food, cosmetic or other substances containing fat, can greatly spoil the appearance of clothing, furniture and shoes. Knowing how to remove a greasy stain from the skin, you can save your favorite product and restore its former beauty.
Important! Naturally, the sooner you start processing, the easier it will be for you to cope with the task, so do not waste time and immediately get down to work.
We suggest you familiarize yourself with the most popular methods:
- Few people know, but baby powder is great for removing greasy stains. As an alternative, crushed chalk or starch may also be used. So, pour a thick layer of powder on the soiled area, and then leave for 30-40 minutes. During this time, the powder absorbs excess fat, and you just have to clean the treated surface with a soft brush. Common table salt and baking soda, which are found in everyone’s house, have the same properties. Note that they must be removed very carefully after the procedure, because abrasive particles can leave small scratches on the skin. Experienced experts recommend using a damp foam sponge instead of a brush, which gently removes all excess from the product.
- В борьбе с жирными пятнами вашими союзниками станут и салфетки для оргтехники, и другие спиртосодержащие средства. Но как уже отмечалось ранее, они могут навредить некоторым видам кожи, поэтому применять их следует предельно осторожно. The best solution in this case is to test the method in an inconspicuous area, and only then to clean the entire product.
The main causes of oily skin
Oily skin is a genetic trait, and this status is unlikely to change throughout life. If at the age of 20 your skin is prone to excessive shine and pimple formation, then its condition will slightly vary with age, but it will still grow old as oily - not prone to the formation of a network of fine wrinkles, but marked by rather deep folds.
Sometimes the skin begins to intensively produce sebum for no apparent reason, and it makes sense to figure it out.
The skin of adolescents during puberty begins to secrete more sebum, causing clogged pores and acne. Pregnancy, the start of oral contraceptives, the onset of menopause - all this can also make the skin fatter than usual.
Oily skin is genetically incorporated © IMG
Signs of oily skin
How to determine that your skin is oily? Lighter than you think. To verify this, we list the characteristics characteristic of such a skin.
Excessive release of sebum, especially in the T-zone.
Expanded pores on the nose and around the nose, on the cheeks, forehead and chin.
Clogged pores, regular onset of inflammation.
All of the above signs are more likely with a minus sign. But oily skin has its pluses. For example, the formation of wrinkles is later than on dry skin.
Oily skin should be thoroughly cleaned © IMG
Proper Oily Skin Care
In oily skin care, which is often referred to as problematic, it is important to follow a phased strategy and not skip steps. So.
As a rule, oily skin is prone to acne. To prevent them, thoroughly rinse off your face with cosmetics - for example, using hydrophilic oil or micellar water.
Use cleansing foams or gels to remove makeup and make-up remnants from your skin. Important! Even with oily skin, peeling should not be aggressive: the more you dry the epidermis, the more fat it secretes. So no alcohol-containing formulas.
Tonics are the most underrated product in skin care, but this is no less obligatory. Toning helps to complete the cleansing process, restore the pH and hydrolipidic mantle after washing with gel or foam.
Mechanical or chemical exfoliation helps to remove (in the second case, dissolve) dead epidermal cells. And this, in turn, makes it easier for the sebum to freely enter the skin surface and not accumulate in the pores.
Many owners of oily skin neglect moisturizing, mistakenly believing that they do not need it — it would be better to get rid of excess shine. But the truth is that oily skin can experience an acute lack of moisture and is prone to dehydration.
Even oily skin can suffer from a cold and icy wind in winter. To prevent weather conditions from harming the hydrolipidic barrier, before going outside, protect the skin with a nourishing cream without comedogenic components.
Absorbent-based cleansing masks (clay, activated carbon) help remove excess fat and prevent bacteria from growing in the pores.
Clay masks should be used no more than twice a week and in no case should they be allowed to dry “to cracks” - when solidified, they can lead to tightness of the skin.
In principle, they are included in the stop list of owners of oily skin, but you can resort to their help one-time, if you need an instant effect. Such products will help to narrow pores and reduce fat production for a while, but in the long run they will dry the skin and lead to even greater salivation.
Oily skin is often dehydrated © IMG
Diet for oily skin
To date, there is no direct evidence of a direct relationship between nutrition and skin condition. However, preliminary research by Korean scientists suggests that a low-carb diet may help reduce the secretion of sebaceous glands.
To correct skin conditions, no dermatologist will advise you on a diet as a panacea. Moreover, fat content is a feature of the skin, it is simply impossible to get rid of it.
Acne and hyperkeratosis are frequent companions of oily skin. Cosmetology procedures will help minimize these phenomena. We talk about the most popular.
For oily skin, a low-carb diet is recommended. © IMG
Such peels are usually performed using high concentrations of alpha-hydroxy acids or retinoids. These substances have a pronounced exfoliating effect and have anti-inflammatory properties.
Which one is right for you will be determined only by a cosmetologist, taking into account the initial condition of the skin and the desired result.
There are several types of facial cleansing.
Mechanical - it is also called manual. Recommended for a large number of clogged pores and inflammations.
Vacuum - performed using an apparatus operating on the principle of "vacuum cleaner" for pores. It is considered the most traumatic, therefore, skin with rosacea is contraindicated.
Ultrasound - a hardware technique, which is based on a delicate effect on the skin with high frequency ultrasonic waves. Does not injure the skin.
From the above it is already clear that no cream can radically change the condition of oily skin. However, well-chosen care will help her look more matte, fresh and healthy.
|Name of facility||Mode of application||Active ingredients|
|Makeup and Facial Cleansing Oil Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil, Kiehl’s||primrose and lavender oil, squalane|
|Balancing Micellar Lotion, L’Oréal Paris||micellar solution|
|Rosaliac Micellar Gel, La Roche-Posay||xanthine|
|Name of facility||Mode of application||Active ingredients|
|Daily scrub Pure Zone, L’Oréal Paris||Apply to cleansed skin with massaging movements, then rinse and apply a moisturizer.||salicylic acid|
|Serum for mature skin against imperfections Blemish & age DefenSe, SkinCeuticals||salicylic, glycolic, dioic acid|
|Corrective agent Effaclar A. I., La Roche-Posay||niacinamide, glycosil, pyroctone olamine, LHA acids|
Toning and moisturizing
|Name of facility||Mode of application||Active ingredients|
|Oil-Free Moisturizing Toner, Kiehl’s||Apply with a cotton pad to cleansed skin before applying serum and / or cream.||Antarctica, Emperor Cylindrical (Desert Plant Extract), Vitamin E|
|Softening cream for oily skin “Revitalizing hydration”, Garnier||Apply once or twice daily to cleansed, slightly damp skin.||plant complex Hydra +|
|Oil-Free Moisturizing Gel Cream, Kiehl’s||Apply once or twice daily to cleansed, moist skin.||Antarctic, Glycerin, Vitamin E, Emperor Cylindrical (Desert Plant Extract)|