One percent is a hundredth of a number. This concept is used when it is necessary to designate the ratio of the share to the whole. In addition, in percent, you can compare several values, while always indicating the relative which integer percent is calculated. For example, expenses are higher than revenues by 10% or the price of train tickets increased by 15% compared to last year's fares. The number of percentages above 100 means that the fraction exceeds the whole, as is often the case in statistical calculations.
Interest as a financial concept - the payment of the borrower to the creditor for the provision of money for temporary use. In business, the expression "work for interest." In this case, it is understood that the amount of remuneration depends on profit or turnover (commission). It is impossible to do without calculating interest in accounting, business, banking. To simplify the calculations, an online percentage calculator has been developed.
The calculator allows you to calculate:
- The percentage of the setpoint.
- Percentage of the amount (tax on actual salary).
- Percentage of the difference (VAT from the amount with VAT).
- And much more.
When solving problems on the percent calculator, you need to operate with three values, one of which is unknown (a variable is calculated according to the given parameters). The calculation scenario should be selected based on the given conditions.
3. Percentage between two numbers
Suppose a profit of 800 rubles was expected, but 1,040 rubles were received. What is the percentage of excess?
The proportion will be as follows:
- 800 rub - 100 %
- 1 040 rub. - Y%
- Y = 1,040 × 100/800 = 130%
Overfulfillment of the plan for profit - 30%, that is, implementation - 130%.
4. The calculation is not 100%
For example, in a store consisting of three departments, 100% of buyers come. 800 people (67%) go to the grocery department, 55 to the household chemistry department. What percentage of customers come to the household chemistry department?
- 800 visitors - 67%
- 55 visitors - Y%
- Y = 55 × 67/800 = 4.6%
5. How many percent one number is less than another
The price of goods fell from 2,000 to 1,200 rubles. How many percent cheaper goods or how many percent of 1,200 less than 2,000?
- 2 000 — 100 %
- 1,200 - Y%
- Y = 1,200 × 100 / 2,000 = 60% (60% of the figure 1,200 of 2,000)
- 100% - 60% = 40% (number 1,200 is less than 2,000 by 40%)
6. How many percent is one number more than another
Salary increased from 5,000 to 7,500 rubles. How much did salary increase? How much is 7,500 over 5,000?
- 5 000 rub. - 100 %
- 7 500 rub. - Y%
- Y = 7,500 × 100 / 5,000 = 150% (in the figure 7,500 150% of 5,000)
- 150% - 100% = 50% (number 7,500 over 5,000 by 50%)
7. Increase the number by a certain percentage
The price of goods S is above 1,000 rubles. by 27%. What is the price of the item?
- 1 000 rub. - 100 %
- S - 100% + 27%
- S = 1,000 × (100 + 27) / 100 = 1,270 rubles.
The online calculator makes calculations much easier: you need to choose the type of calculation, enter a number and a percentage (in the case of calculating a percentage, the second number), indicate the accuracy of the calculation and give a command to start the action.