Trying to save on house moving, many take part of the work on themselves. Almost half of our customers pack their own things, including fragile ones. How to lay porcelain and crystal so that they do not suffer on the road? In this material we will reveal the most important professional secrets.
1. In Europe, china is transported in plastic containers. If possible, look for something similar in a hardware store or in a transport company. Folding porcelain into corrugated cardboard boxes is undesirable: products from it are heavier than glass, and cardboard may not withstand the load. If there are no other packaging options, choose “reinforced” boxes and do not put too many in them.
2. Before putting the dishes in the box, wrap each plate or cup with paper. It is better if it is special, packaging. It is undesirable to use old magazines, copybooks and newspaper sheets: ink likes to leave marks on porcelain. Washing them will be difficult.
3. The bottom of the container or box can be lined with wrapping paper - crush it or chop it finely. The ideal thickness of the paper layer is 2-3 centimeters. The paper in this case serves as a “safety cushion”: if the box is shaken and “thrown” during transportation, the contents will not break.
4. First, put all the flat dishes - plates and saucers (recall: wrap each item with paper!). The easiest way to put them in a "pyramid" - one on top of the other. Each box must be marked, indicating what exactly is in it. Movers will understand that there are fragile objects inside, and you will quickly disassemble the dishes in a new apartment.
5. It is advisable to fill the empty space inside the box with crumpled or cut paper. This will provide additional protection against shock. In general, try to fill the boxes as tightly as possible so that the dishes do not have a field for “maneuvers”.
6. Wrap glasses and cups with paper and lay “side” on top of plates. The denser you put them, the safer the transportation will be. If desired, glasses can be covered with crumpled paper.
1. Everything that is good for porcelain will not harm crystal. He also loves plastic containers. Crystal dishes, like any fragile items, need to be wrapped with paper, and each item - separately. The bottom of the box is also desirable to line with a paper layer.
2. Small crystal figures with many small protruding parts are best transported in special boxes with individual cells. They can be bought at a transport company. If you did not find a container, try to adapt two cartons for eggs for transportation - of course, this is an exit to the most extreme case.
3. Larger items - those that do not fit in a special box for small items - can be placed in kitchen plastic containers. Line the bottom of the containers with cut paper, wrap each item. Place the crystal tightly. Empty spaces, if desired, fill with the same paper.
4. The time has come for large objects - figurines, vases, lampshades. Wrap them in at least two layers of paper. Put each item in a separate box, suitable in size and shape. If you place several items in one container, fill in the voids.
What to use for packaging
Arm yourself with improvised materials to safely transport fragile items. You must have in stock:
- whole cardboard boxes and crates - carefully place the dishes in them,
- travel bags with sturdy handles for folding pots and pans,
- brown paper or regular newspapers - they pack products,
- flexible bubble wrap for the preservation of fragile dishes,
- foam material, corrugated cardboard or scraps of flaps,
- wide adhesive tape - with its help they seal the assembled boxes,
- to fill in the empty spaces in the box you will need a filler.
Such an arsenal will help you properly pack the dishes and things. You also need a marker and a clerical knife.
Properly fold shipping utensils
Pack and place the dishes in advance:
- strengthen the boxes by laying thick cardboard on their bottom; for reliability, glue the container walls with tape and check the corners,
- wrap porcelain or ceramic bowls and plates with paper (newspaper), place them in boxes in small stacks, each rewind with a special film,
- Wrap pots, cast iron, pans in packing material, put them in a dense bag (another container). Screw the covers separately so that they are not damaged by shock,
- for forks, knives, spoons, use cardboard or paper packaging. Fold the cutlery in batches, fix them with duct tape.
People often ask how to pack crystal - glasses, glasses, vases. To do this, use an air bubble film. To prevent objects from moving from one place, move voids in the box with a cloth or foam rubber.
It is better to order an apartment move for professionals, so as not to wonder how to transport furniture, appliances, other things in complete safety.
How to fold the dishes
Dishes must be carefully collected and carefully packed, and then carefully transported.
It is important that the container in which the dishes will be folded is strong. Previously, you can strengthen the bottom of the box to avoid damage and rupture of the container itself. Having laid a thick cardboard on the bottom and pasted the walls of the box with tape, you will get a very strong cardboard box. Do not pack all your dishes in one large box or box. It is better to pack everything into a small cardboard box for several items of dishes, sorting them by function and signing each box.
Before you start folding plates and saucers in a box or box, you must wrap each item individually with wrapping paper. If not, then old newspapers or plain heavy paper will do. Plates should be placed in the box with an edge, in small stacks, wrapping each received stack of plates and dishes with bubble wrap. Thus, the risk is eliminated that the lower plates from the weight of the entire cargo can fall out through the bottom of the box and crack.
Glasses, glasses, cups, service
As well as plates, glasses or glasses, it is necessary separately to wrap individually in the packaging material. Insert a crumpled newspaper or paper inside the glass. The service should also be ungrouped: saucers from this item are best placed in a box with plates, and tea or coffee cups should be loaded with all the other glasses. The box or box where the glasses and glasses will be transported must be filled with polystyrene foam pellets, and objects already wrapped in paper should be loaded into them. If there are no granules, then a soft cloth or foam rubber, cotton wool will do. All voids between objects can be filled with them. Thus, during transportation, glasses and glasses will not break, and will not hit each other.
Vases, salad bowls
Products made of fragile glass and crystal are best packaged in an air bubble film. Also, in the empty spaces between objects, it is worth laying foam rubber or fabric to eliminate their displacement during movement. If there is no such material, then crumpled paper is suitable. If there is no air bubble film, each individual product can be wrapped with old newspaper or paper and additionally wrapped with a soft cloth, thus creating an additional layer of protection. Also, having folded all salad bowls and vases in a box or box, you need to fill in the empty spaces with foam rubber, cloth, a crumpled newspaper.
Knives, forks, spoons
Sharp and cutting tools, knives and forks, must be packed in thin cardboard or thick paper. And additionally rewind it with tape, so that in no case can the edge spoil the other dishes lying next to them, or the container itself, in which the knives and forks will be placed. Spoons, separately from forks and knives, can be simply wrap with thick paper. It is better to rewind them with wide tape so that they do not scatter around the box.
Pots, pans, kettle and other kitchen utensils
Even unbreakable items should not be stacked carelessly. In order not to scratch the surface of the cookware, it is also worth wrapping it in packaging material or a newspaper. And put it separately in a large box, or better in a bag, with strong handles, so that it is convenient and easier to transport it.
If the box in which the dishes are placed has free space on top, you can fill it with crumpled newspaper or paper. And for safety, you need to fix the walls of an already closed box and glue it with wide tape.
All boxes and bags in which the dishes are located must be signed. And even describe in detail what exactly is in this box or bag, and in which room of the new apartment or house to unpack it. For example, “Soup plates, saucers - into the kitchen”, “Crystal vases and services - into the living room”.
Rules for transportation, transportation of boxes with dishes
To be sure of the integrity and safety of things and objects that are at risk of breaking or breaking, it is best to transport packed boxes, boxes and bags in special vehicles where there are safety belts. If the whole cargo will be transported by a company that provides loading and transportation services, then it is imperative to warn the movers that fragile items are in the boxes, that they require special careful transport and transportation. It is advisable to place the boxes in which dishes and breakable items are placed in a truck separately from all other boxes and things. And to designate them with the inscription "carefully", "carefully", "carefully carry and transport."
- It’s better to use a lot of small boxes than one big one,
- Each item must be packed separately,
- Large and heavy things should be placed down, which is smaller and lighter in weight, placed on top,
- Empty spaces between objects already wrapped in wrapping paper must be filled with additional material to prevent objects from moving. And thus preserve their appearance.
- The inscriptions on the box will help you quickly find out what lies inside it.
How to pack utensils for moving yourself. Fundamental rules.
- You need to determine the amount of dishes that you intend to transport. This is necessary to know in order to stock up on the necessary amount of packaging material. You will need: cardboard boxes of different sizes, air bubble film, adhesive tape, wrapping paper, cardboard.
- Cardboard boxes must be used strong, but not too large so that the dishes do not hang out or break the box from heavy weight.
- Each plate must be wrapped with wrapping paper, if it is missing, a regular newspaper sheet folded in several layers is suitable.
- Plates in a box are best stacked edge-on, not stacked. When stacked, the lower plates may crack under heavy weight.
- Fragile and expensive dishes made of porcelain and crystal must be wrapped in an air-bubble film, fixed along the edges with tape.
- Avoid moving dishes inside the box by filling the voids with suitable material. To do this, it is better to use cardboard, bubble wrap, wrapping paper, polystyrene, etc.
- Non-breaking, but heavy dishes, pots, pans, you can simply gently stack them in a suitable box in a box, further strengthening the bottom with tape.
Loading and transportation of dishes.
- When carrying, hold the box with utensils at the bottom so that it does not tear and its contents are not hopelessly spoiled.
- Carefully place the boxes with dishes in the car body closer to the cab (the back of the body is more prone to shaking on bumps in the road), preferably closer to the floor, to prevent falls and damage.
- Be sure to warn the driver about the presence of fragile objects and utensils in the back so that he provides a more accurate and careful transportation.
If for some reason you cannot pack the dishes for moving yourself, then feel free to contact us. We will perform the full range of services for packaging, loading, transportation of dishes.
Where to buy packaging for relocation?
You can buy packaging for moving with delivery in our company. This is convenient for those who need a full range of transportation services. It’s unnecessary for you to spend time phoning companies engaged in highly specialized activities. Order everything in one place: a car for transportation, movers, packing - THIS IS COMFORTABLE.
Detailed information on the available packaging can be found in the section on our site “packaging for moving”.